Monday, February 23, 2015

Depressing One-Sided Love Affairs

Share it Please
These are the books that I read last month. It's actually a sweet surprise because I didn't do any research about these books before I read them but it turned out to be OK.





Norwegian Wood was my first ever read for the year of 2015. It's quite erotic, I must say. It did bother me a little because I don't really like reading these kind of books but I got a few nice quotes out of it and a bit of realizations along the way. I wanted to read it because I found out that Kiko Mizuhara played as Midori in the movie. I like her that's why I was curious to know what her character would be like. While reading the book, I can imagine her as Midori and I haven't even watched the movie yet. /fangirling over Kiko/


Anyhow,
it's a good read but I won't read it again. I can't state my reasons for not having to rave about this book because honestly, I can't quite describe how I feel about it. If anyone is reading this please let me know what you think about it.

After I finished reading Norwegian Wood I did not immediately read Every Day because I'm still figuring out the ending of NW. It confused the shit out of me. But after two days I decided to just let it go and started reading Every Day.

I giggled when I found out that the name of the protagonist is A because it reminds me of this:


It's my first time reading a book written by David Levithan and I kinda liked it. I read books about time travelling but never about waking up into a different body everyday. The book itself is very unique. The only thing that I didn't like about the book is A being obsessive towards Rhiannon. I wish David Levithan used this concept to write a different story. There's a ton of possibilities and stories to be discovered with this kind of concept. A's obsession just puts me off. But what he did for Rhiannon in the end was kind of sweet and should not go unnoticed. But despite of the annoying perseverance to persuade Rhiannon to love him back, I still liked it. I can't call it a love story but it's good enough to pass as a one-sided love affair.

Overall, I rate both books three stars!

Let me know what you think. Do you agree or disagree with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Text Widget

Follow The Author