Friday, January 24, 2014

OJT and mistakes.

Share it Please

Hello readers!

I've been busy these past few months due to my OJT (On-the-Job Training) at travel agencies. I do admit that I get sick and tired at some point in time but I do enjoy learning and being able to challenge myself everyday. 

Here is my experiences, so far:

The first travel agency made me write articles for hotels and other tourist destinations around Philippines. At first, I was really on the verge of quitting and I literally just wanted to walk out the door and never comeback to that agency again but after my boss talked to me and said that this will be a part of your life where you have to overcome and possibly use in the future. I took that as a sign to continue my OJT in the company. It did brought me positive feedback from my boss and I was offered a job. It was going smoothly until I felt unsure about the things that I want to do in my life. I started questioning if I really wanted to do this for the next six months. I should have talked to my boss regarding this but I kept pushing it away until my last OJT day came and I felt like I should say it right there, that I don't want to continue with the job that I signed up for. Of course, my boss got angry and immediately turned from an angel to satan. I cried my eyes out that night because the consequence of my action was not what I expected and it really dawned on me that I am still immature and still have to learn a lot. I did learn from this mistake. I am not proud that I did it but I am thankful that it happened because it thought me to be more responsible and to always plan ahead.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw

Moving on and starting all over again.

I had to move on and plan my next step. My former boss technically did not fail me because he didn't release my evaluation form. So instead, my professor advised me to look for another company to have my OJT, since I still have time to do so. I took action immediately and fortunately found a company who willingly took me in.

In this second OJT company that I am in, I am assigned to do research. YEY! (NOT!) I know, I know! I should be thankful but it isn't really what I expected to do. But, here I am. My current boss did explain before I was accepted that I will do research but with that said I just couldn't say no and besides, I have to do this! I have to overcome this! It was a challenge, heck! It is still a challenge to do research but I did acquire knowledge that I didn't even knew before. For example, on the very first day, I was asked to memorize capitals and locations of the countries around Asia. Guess what? By the end of the week, I memorized the location and capital of the countries found in Asia! That, I am proud of! I am still doing research on hotels, Philippine geography and making proper itineraries. I can be lazy at times but I know someday this will help me with the career that I want to pursue.

I am still undecided on where to go in my life, hence my blog name (UNDECIDED), but I am sure that wherever I intend to go, I want to be successful and fulfilled.

Side note: We recently had a seminar in our school regarding "The Most Exciting Careers in the Hospitality Industry". The speaker was Mr. Chris Raymundo. He was a great speaker. He told us about his past and how he is restless and seems to always want more from life. He already reached top positions but did not stop there and looked for other careers that can challenge him. This inspired me to do my best to become a better person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Text Widget

Follow The Author